United African Organization is a dynamic coalition of African community-based organizations that promotes social and economic justice, civic participation, and empowerment of African immigrants and refugees in Illinois.
- Build leadership and organizational capacity of the community
- Advance public policies to increase opportunities and support for immigrant and refugee integration
- Ensure that African immigrants and refugees have an active role in multiple civic arenas
- Promote community development and access to social services
- Serve as a viable model of African unity and action
UAO offers a broad range of programs designed to empower and meet the growing needs of the African immigrant and refugee community in Illinois. Below are some highlights.
To learn more about UAO initiatives and programs, please contact us at 312-949-9980, email: email@example.com or:
The Leadership Development Program offers a series of monthly workshops and ongoing technical support aimed at enhancing community leaders’ skills and capacities to become effective advocates in their communities.
UAO holds citizenship workshops every month, and promotes opportunities for civic engagement.
Organizing & Outreach
UAO speaks out, marches, researches and organizes on issues affecting the African community. We believe that organizing the community for social and economic justice promotes civic participation and access to opportunities.
UAO serves as the information and resource clearinghouse of the African community to enhance access to social services and safety-net programs for immigrants and refugees.