Citizenship Workshop: January 26th!
Join us for this months Citizenship Workshop!
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Truman College Student Cafeteria
1145 W. Wilson Ave, Chicago, Il 60640
|If you have been a Legal Permanent Resident (Green card Holder) for at least 5 years, (or) 3 years and you are married to a U.S. Citizen, then you are eligible to apply to become a U.S. Citizen.
At the workshop applicants will receive:
-Free assistance to complete the application for naturalization
-Free legal consultation with an immigration attorney
-Free information on how to apply for application fee waiver
-Free study materials to prepare for the test and interview
-To fill out the citizenship form, please bring the following documents:
Prepare Your Documents
To fill out the citizenship form, please bring the following documents:
- Have your Green Card, Social Security Card, State ID or Driver’s License
- List of places you have traveled to since you received your residency (Include month, day, year of travel)
- List of where you have lived, worked and/ or studied for the past 5 years
- Information about your spouse including: name, date of birth, social security number,
- Green Card number and/or date and place your spouse became a citizen (if applicable)
- Information about your children including address, name, date of birth & greencard number (if applicable)
- If you are married, have your date of marriage available
- Information about previous marriages for both you and your spouse (if applicable):
- Date of prior marriage, date the marriage ended and reason the marriage ended.
- If applicable, information about any arrests: reason for the arrest, date, place and disposition
- For men only: Selective Service number and date of registration, call (847) 688-6888 if you don’t know
- Money Order/Cashier’s Check for $680.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
You may qualify to apply for citizenship at no cost if:
- Your family receives public benefits (Link, Medicaid, SSI, TANF)
- Your income is equal to or less than that listed in the table.
To determine if you are eligible, please bring:
- The most recent federal income tax returns
- Unemployment checks
- Letter from the Department of Human Services (DHS) stating the date when you started receiving Food Stamps (LINK card), Medical and TANF benefits.
Money Order/Cashier’s Check for $680.00 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Contact us today if you are applying for Citizenship or want to Volunteer!