Diversity Visa Program – 2016
Online registration for the DV 2016 Program will begin on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 12:00 noon, (EDT) and will conclude on Monday, November 3, 2014 at 12:00 noon, (EDT).
For fiscal year 2016, 50,000 diversity visas (DVs) will be available. There is no cost to register. Entries will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service.
Apply online: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/
Documents needed to complete your E-DV entry:
- Name – last/family name, first name, middle name – exactly as on your passport.
- Birth date – day, month, year.
- Gender – male or female.
- City where you were born.
- Country where you were born
- Country of eligibility for the DV Program – Your country of eligibility will normally be the same as your country of birth. Your country of eligibility is not related to where you live. If you were born in a country that is not eligible, please review the Frequently Asked Questions to see if there is another way you may be eligible.
- Entrant photograph(s) – Recent photographs of yourself, your spouse, and all your children listed on your entry. See Submitting a Digital Photograph for compositional and technical specifications.
- You do not need to include a photograph for a spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident, but you will not be penalized if you do.
- Group photographs will not be accepted; you must submit a photograph for each individual. Your entry may be disqualified or visa refused if the photographs are not recent, have been manipulated in any way, or do not meet the specifications explained below. See Submitting a Digital Photograph for more information.
- Mailing Address –
- Phone number (optional).
- Email Address
- Highest level of education you have achieved, as of today
- Current marital status
- Number of children – List the Name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth for all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether or not they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you should you immigrate to the United States. Submit individual photographs of each of your children using the same technical specifications as your own photograph.
Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible