- Egypt: Gunmen Kill Coptic Christians in Bus Attack
[UN News] The Security Council observed a moment of silence for the victims of the 26 May attack by gunmen on a bus carrying Coptic Christians in Egypt.
- Africa: Emergency Mapping App Finds Vulnerable Faster
[SciDev.Net] A mobile mapping app that draws on crowdsourced data to help humanitarian responders find people in remote areas is being rolled out by the medical charity Doctors without [...]
- South Africa: National Defence Force Accused of Attempting Illegal Evictions
[News24Wire] The SANDF is trying to illegally evict around 600 people living on a run-down military base in Marievale, east of Johannesburg, the chairperson of the resident's assoc [...]
- Zimbabwe: Air Zimbabwe Joins the League of 'Flying Coffins'
[Zimbabwe Independent] The first time I visited the Democratic Republic of Congo at the turn of the millennium, I was struck by the country's lackadaisical attitude to aviation saf [...]
- South Africa: No Evidence for Govt's 'Truly Amazing' House Delivery Rate
[Africa Check] South Africa's housing minister claims that her department delivers 1,200 houses per day. Departmental statistics suggests it's a third of that.
- Mauritius: The Ocean As an Alternative Green Energy
[Government of Mauritius] A one-day workshop focusing on the study on High Penetration Renewable energy roadmap, wave resource assessment and wave-integrated micro grid design in Maurit [...]
- Seychelles: New Plan Set to Protect Against Over-Exploitation of Waters
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles has started the planning phase of a project that will propose new areas for marine protection and sustainable use of the island nation's waters.
- Nigeria: Court Dissolves 20-Year Marriage Over Poor Sexual Performance
[Premium Times] Ademola Odunade, the President of a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, on Friday dissolved a 20-year-old marriage between one Oladiran Olukayode and his wife, Oluwatoyin, o [...]
- Nigeria: Police to Recruit Additional 35,000 Personnel
[Premium Times] Haliru Jika, Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Police Affairs, says the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) will soon recruit an additional 35, 000 rank and file in [...]
- West Africa: Ecowas Free Movement and Migration Project Launched in Accra
[Ghana Govt.] All citizens of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) can leave and enter any ECOWAS country and reside in it without any hindrance, Minister for Informat [...]
- Ethiopia: Editor-in-Chief to Be Freed Despite 18-Month Jail Sentence
[Addis Standard] In what came as a big moment of relief to family and friends, despite it being a further blow to freedom of the press in Ethiopia, the federal high Court 19th criminal [...]
- Zimbabwe: U.S.$1 Billion Bailout – Govt Jumps the Gun
[Zimbabwe Independent] The debt-ridden and broke Zimbabwe government has secured a US$1 billion bailout to pay off their World Bank's arrears, piling more pressure on the sinking s [...]