- South Africa: 88 Days of Water in Cape Town Left
[News24Wire] The City of Cape Town on Monday said the city's feeder dams only have enough water for another 88 days.
- South Africa: New Federation's Declaration Maps Its Plan of Action
[Daily Maverick] The South African Federation of Trade Unions (Saftu) has been born. A milestone in the history of the South African trade union movement has been passed through this la [...]
- South Africa: Lonwabo Tsotsobe Officially Charged Under Anti-Corruption Code
[Daily Maverick] His name has been swirling around behind closed doors since the news of the saga first broke. Almost a year and a half after the investigation first began, Lonwabe Tsot [...]
- Angola: Angola, Namibia Discuss Cooperation On Malaria Control
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angola and Namibia will discuss bilateral mechanisms for cooperation on combat malaria at a meeting set for Tuesday in the border town of Namacunde, southern Cunene prov [...]
- Nigeria: Punch Journalist Expelled From Presidential Villa
[Premium Times] The Chief Security Officer, CSO, to President Muhammadu Buhari has expelled the correspondent of Punch Newspapers, Lekan Adetayo, from the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, A [...]
- Nigeria: Babangida Aliyu's Corruption 'Trial' – 95 Civil Defence Officials Deployed
[Premium Times] The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on Monday deployed 95 personnel to beef up security at Minna High Court as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commiss [...]
- South Africa: Durbanites March for Science
[GroundUp] Youth, women encouraged to join science industry
- South Africa: Police Minister Issues Warning to Former Police Unit Chief
[News24Wire] A warrant of arrest will be issued against former Hawks boss Berning Ntlemeza if he does not return a state vehicle which he took when he reported for duty on Monday mornin [...]
- Namibia: MPs Demand 'Wellness Centre' at Parliament
[Namibian] LAWMAKERS continue demanding nice-to-have benefits such as a clinic at parliament, an ambulance, apartments near their workplace and top-class air flights.
- Ghana: Accra Will Be Africa's Cleanest City in 4 Years – President
[Ghana Star] The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has pledged his commitment to making Accra the cleanest city on the African continent within the next four years [...]
- Nigeria: Three Suicide Bombers Killed in Failed Borno Attack
[Premium Times] The Borno Police Command on Monday confirmed the killing of three suspected suicide bombers after a foiled attack near Maiduguri.
- Nigeria: Sanusi's Kano Emirate Admits Spending N3.4 Billion in Three Years
[Premium Times] The Kano State Emirate Council on Monday debunked claims that the emir, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has spent N6 billion of the emirate's fund since he assumed office.