- Cote d'Ivoire: Jailing of Gay Ivorian Men Stokes Fears in LGBT Safe Haven
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Abidjan -Ivory Coast does not explicitly criminalise homosexuality, but its public indecency law singles out homosexual acts and relations.
- Somalia: Somaliland Drought 'A Kind of Nightmare' – and a Security Threat – Minister
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -The loss of the Somaliland' livestock – the basis of its economy – to drought could worsen security threats in the Horn of Africa, the environm [...]
- Africa: Wastewater – How Poo and Pee Can Work for Us All
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Any views expressed in this article are those of the author and not of Thomson Reuters Foundation.
- Uganda: For Children, Hunger and HIV Make a Deadly Mix
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Katakwi -A child gets medicine to slow the development of HIV and hold off its progression into AIDS. But crucial to the proper functioning of these drugs i [...]
- Africa: The ICC Can't Live With Africa, but It Can't Live Without It Either
[The Conversation Africa] On the first of February, 2017, the African Union issued a resolution encouraging member states to withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC). Whatev [...]
- Somalia: Somali President Makes First State Visit to Kenya
[Shabelle] Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed flew to Kenya Thursday, for his first State visit to the neighboring country ahead of a special summit on the Inter-Governmental Au [...]
- Botswana: Ian Khama to Step Down Next Year
[East African] Botswana's President Ian Khama will step down next year, the media reported.
- South Africa: Three to Appear in Court Over Chief Justice Burglary
[SAnews.gov.za] Pretoria -Three men arrested in connection with the recent burglary at the offices of the Chief Justice in Midrand will appear in court in Mamelodi today, Acting Nationa [...]
- Kenya: Kenyatta Blames Raila Odinga for 2007/08 Poll Chaos
[Nation] President Kenyatta now claims Orange Democratic Movement leader Raila Odinga played a central role in 2007/8 violence.
- Kenya: Electoral Commission Cancels Polls System Tender
[Nation] The electoral commission has now cancelled a Sh3 billion tender integrated elections management system.
- Zimbabwe: VP Mphoko Pleads for Donors' Money, Vows Govt Won't Abuse the Gesture
[New Zimbabwe] VICE president Phelekezela Mphoko has assured the humanitarian agencies in the country that all goods and services that will be donated to assist the people that were by [...]
- Zimbabwe: Chinese Men Paying U.S.$2 for Sex With Little Girls – Report
[New Zimbabwe] CHINESE nationals in Victoria Falls are taking advantage of poverty stricken underage girls whom they are offering $2 for sex, an investigation by a local child rights lo [...]