- Liberia:Weah Suspends Deputy Minister
[NEWS] From all indications, President George Manneh Weah is ready to flex his muscles against any official who will engage in act that is unacceptable to him irrespective of how closed [...]
- Zimbabwe:Govt Formally Applies to Rejoin Commonwealth
[Premium Times] Zimbabwe has formally applied to re-join the Commonwealth, 15 years after leaving the organisation, the Commonwealth Secretariat said.
- South Africa:Henri Van Breda Guilty of Triple Axe Murders
[News24Wire] Henri van Breda has been found guilty on all counts in the Western Cape High Court on Monday.
- Liberia:UK Issues Terrorist Alert On Liberia
[Observer] The British Government's issuance of a "terrorist attack" alert on Liberia has sent the Liberian media into virtual overdrive, driven by an anxious public in s [...]
- Somalia:Horn of Africa Reels From Cyclone Sagar
[Norwegian Refugee Council] 20,000 people were affected by flooding in Djibouti, more than 10,000 people were displaced in Somaliland, and homes and fishing boats were destroyed in Punt [...]
- Liberia:Weah Vows Action On ExxonMobil Oil Block Purchase
[New Dawn] President George Manneh Weah has told a gathering of government officials and partners in the port city of Buchanan that his administration is ready to act on the Global Witn [...]
- Congo-Kinshasa:WHO Backs Ebola Vaccinations
[WHO] The Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo, with the support of WHO and partners, is preparing to vaccinate high risk populations against Ebola virus disease (EVD) in aff [...]
- Africa:What's Behind U.S. Secretary Pompeo's Calls to African Leaders?
[allAfrica] Less then a month after taking office as U.S. Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo spoke by telephone last week to four African leaders. Announced on Twitter by State Department [...]
- Kenya:U.S. Top Diplomat Mike Pompeo Calls Uhuru, Offers Support
[Nation] New York -US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has assured President Uhuru Kenyatta of the country's continued support for Kenya's security and economic development.
- Nigeria:Politician Olisa Metuh Falls in Court
[Premium Times] A former spokesperson of the Peoples Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh, fell on Monday at the continuation of his trial for alleged fraud.
- Ethiopia:Govt to Sue Dutch Company Over Teff Patent
[Reporter] The Ethiopian government has delegated the Office of the Attorney General (AG) to file charges at the International Court of Arbitration against the Dutch Company that patent [...]
- Ethiopia:Dangote Factory Murders – Manager Had Received Death Threats
[Reporter] Country manager had received death threats