- Zimbabwe:All Makings of a Blockbuster in Mugabe Standoff With Military
[CAJ News] Harare -EVENTS in Zimbabwe over the past few days read like a script taken straight from a blockbuster movie with suspense, tragedy and comedy.
- Nigeria:#AnambraDecides2017 – Ipob Attributes Low Turn Out to Boycott Order
[Premium Times] The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has commended the people of Anambra State for supposedly heeding it's call to boycott today's governorship election in t [...]
- Nigeria:Anambra Election – Obiano 'Breaches' Electoral Law, Addresses Voters At Polling Centre
[Premium Times] Incumbent Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano, came under attacks Saturday after addressing his supporters at a polling unit, with activists accusing him of violati [...]
- Zimbabwe:Thousands March Against Mugabes
[New Zimbabwe] BLACKS, whites, the old and the young have all came together in Harare this Saturday morning braving the chill weather and speaking one language – President Robert Mugabe [...]
- Nigeria:Anambra Election – Drama As Corps Members Demand Feeding Allowance Before Work
[Premium Times] The corps members insisted that they would not depart for the day's job if their feeding allowances were not paid. Nkpor RAC, Idemili North LGA
- Nigeria:Six Killed in Maiduguri Suicide Attacks – Police
[Premium Times] Police in Borno State said at least six person, including four suicide bombers, died during an apparently coordinated suicide attacks by Boko Haram insurgents in Maidugu [...]
- Nigeria:Four Parties Do Battle in Anambra State Governorship Elections
[Premium Times] Today's election in Anambra will go down as one of the most anticipated governorship elections in the history of Nigeria.
- Nigeria:2019 – Group Declares Support for Atiku
[Premium Times] A group known as the Concerned Citizens for Atiku, CC4A, has declared support for a former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, to run for president in 2019.
- Zimbabwe:'Mugabe Likely to Go Gracefully, Mnangagwa Unlikely to Stay Long' – Former U.S. Diplomat
[allAfrica] Herman J. Cohen was the first President George Bush's top Africa diplomat, serving as Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs from 1989 to 1993.
- Nigeria:Former Senate President Pius Anyim to Remain in Custody
[Premium Times] A former Senate President, Pius Anyim, will most likely spend Friday night in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, PREMIUM TIMES learnt.
- South Africa:Heavily Armed Men Gun Down Five People in Shopping Complex
[News24Wire] A group of heavily armed gunmen shot and killed five people and injured two more when they stormed the Vulindlela shopping complex in KwaDlangezwa near Empangeni on Friday [...]
- South Africa:Granting Mugabe Asylum Is a Hot Potato
[News24Wire] With pressure mounting against President Robert Mugabe to step down, the issue of where he would seek asylum has become a hotly contested issue, with many saying South Afri [...]