- Liberia:"I'll Not Fail You"
[NEWS] The President-elect George Weah has assured Liberians that he will not fail the country.
- Ethiopia:Archeological Site Clues Historical Ties Between Pre-Axumit Kingdom, Israel
[Ethiopian Herald] The archeological sites and heritages discovered by Aksum University and Californian University archaeologists in the ancient town of the Mai Adrasha have clues of hi [...]
- Zimbabwe:Bond Notes Here to Stay Says Chinamasa
[The Source] Zimbabwe's surrogate bond note currency will remain in use until the economy recovers enough to sustain its own monetary unit, finance minister Patrick Chinamasa has s [...]
- Tanzania:Magufuli Bans All Forms of Contributions in Public Schools
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -President John Magufuli has banned all forms of contributions charged to parents, guardians and relatives of pupils studying in public schools–both levels of p [...]
- Congo-Kinshasa:Resolve Differences Peacefully, Security Council to DR Congo Political Actors
[UN News] Voicing serious concern over the continued political impasse and violence in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the United Nations Security Council has called upon al [...]
- Kenya:MEPs Urge Support for Kenya's Electoral Process
[Nation] Members of the European Parliament have called for more support to Kenya so as to strengthen its electoral processes and institutions.
- Zimbabwe:Zimbabwean Family Still Stranded At Thailand Airport
[New Zimbabwe] A Zimbabwean family stuck for months at an airport in Thailand remain stranded there after their plight was revealed last December.
- South Africa:Caster Semenya vs Serena Williams at Laureus Sports Awards
[Sascoc] Olympic and world 800-metre champion Caster Semenya is South Africa's only nominee for the 2018 Laureus World Sports Awards.
- Nigeria:UN Appoints Nigerian As Special Investigator for Killing of Burundians
[Premium Times] The UN Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations, Jean-Pierre Lacroix, has appointed a retired Nigerian lieutenant general, Chikadibia Obiakor, to lead a speci [...]
- Africa:Democracy in Decline in Kenya, NGO Finds
[Nation] Democratic rights are increasingly not respected in Kenya, states a new report on the global status of freedom.
- Uganda:Workers Accuse Chinese Road Construction Firm of Abuse
[Monitor] Government says it will investigate claims of torture and other forms of mistreatment by a group of workers employed by China Railway N03; a Chinese company which was contract [...]
- Ghana:No School, Period! Menstruating Girls Banned From River Crossing
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -"These girls need to cross the river to get to their school"