- South Africa: Rep. Bass Statement of Concern Regarding the Appointment of Lana Marks as Unites States Ambassador to South Africa
[U.S. House] Washington, DC -Today, Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), top Democrat serving on the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, issued the following statement after the appoin [...]
- Africa: U.S. Cuts Troop Numbers in Africa by 10 Percent
[VOA] U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis is cutting hundreds of U.S. troops from Africa so he can use those resources for potential future conflicts with Russia and China.
- Tanzania: Economic Trouble in Tanzania? Let in the Army
[East African] Tanzanian Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa had just finished briefing President John Magufuli on the outcome of an ultimatum he had issued on cashew nut prices when the arm [...]
- Africa: Sudanese-American Elected to U.S. Public Office
[VOA] The number of Sudanese-Americans holding elected public office in the United States has doubled — there are now two.
- Malawi: Mutharika 'Shocked' By Killings of Malawian Soldiers in DR Congo
[Nyasa Times] Malawian President Peter Mutharika said on Friday he was shocked about the loss of six Malawi Defence Force (MDF) soldiers in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) while [...]
- Nigeria: Nigeria Faults U.S. Report On Rice Importation
[This Day] The Kebbi State Governor, Alhaji Atiku Bagudu has faulted a report by the United States Department for Agriculture which suggests that the nation had imported rice to the tun [...]
- Nigeria: Saraki, Lai Mohammed in Supremacy Battle As Kwara Holds By-Election
[This Day] It will be a test of popularity and acceptance today for President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed and President of the Senate, Bukola Sar [...]
- Africa: AfDB Approves U.S.$40 Million for Africa Infrastructure Investment Fund
[This Day] The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved its third equity investment of US$40 million in Africa Infrastructure Investment Fund (AIIF3), a cl [...]
- Kenya: Succession Politics – Will Moi Declare 'Kalonzo Tosha' After Kabarak Visit?
[Nation] The revolving door to retired President Daniel arap Moi's Kabarak home continues to pull surprises as it receives political bigwigs seeking to pay homage to the country [...]
- Tanzania: Cashew Creditors in Payment Limbo
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Several institutions that are owed billions of shillings in the cashews value chain hope they will not be saddled with huge debts in the new approach to pay far [...]
- Tanzania: Tanzania Debt 'Sustainable but Under Pressure'
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Tanzania debt to exports ratio has jumped to 205 per cent for 2017, from 172.9 per cent recorded during the previous year, the 2019 International Debts Statisti [...]
- Kenya: High Rate of Exams Failure Calls Into Question Quality of Trainee Teachers
[Nation] Almost half of teacher trainees who sat this year's final examinations failed, raising concerns over the quality of teachers that are joining the profession.