- Tanzania: Chinese Subject to Be Nationally Examined This Year
[Daily News] FORM four students who have been learning Chinese language, will effective this year, be nationally examined in the subject.
- South Africa: ANC Agrees On Thandi Modise for Speaker of Parliament
[News24Wire] Thandi Modise – the former National Council of Provinces (NCOP) chairperson – will be the ANC's candidate for Speaker of the National Assembly, the ANC has announced.
- South Africa: The Long Road to Jacob Zuma's Corruption Trial
[Legalbrief] After a lengthy legal battle which dramatically shaped post-apartheid SA's political landscape, former President Jacob Zuma appeared in the KwaZulu-Natal High Court (P [...]
- South Africa: Vrede Dairy Farm – DA Feels 'Vindicated' By Court Ruling On Public Protector
[News24Wire] The Democratic Alliance has claimed victory after the Gauteng High Court in Pretoria ruled that Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane had failed in her duties to investigate [...]
- Africa: Countries Fail Again to Agree On Trade Access
[East African] Africa's plans to open up a market of more than 600 million people in April this year suffered another setback after countries failed to approve the tripartite free [...]
- South Sudan: Mutual Mistrust Stalls Peace Deal for a Further Six Months
[East African] Now that the implementation of South Sudan's shaky peace agreement has officially been delayed by six months, worries are mounting that a half year leaves enough tim [...]
- South Africa: Zuma Should Have Been Charged in 2005 With Shaik – Defence
[News24Wire] The KwaZulu-Natal High Court in Pietermaritzburg heard on Monday morning that former president Jacob Zuma should have been charged in 2005 alongside his financial advisor S [...]
- Africa: Mass Promotions Spark Raised Eyebrows Before Elections
[African Arguments] Civil society and opposition groups question why the government gave pay raises to thousands of public workers in the run-up to the tight election.
- Uganda: We Are Yet to Ask for Financial Support, Says Bobi Wine
[Monitor] Kyaddondo East Member of Parliament, Mr Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine, has distanced his People Power political movement from a group of unscrupulous people who are reported [...]
- Uganda: Parliament Asked to Settle Uganda-S. Sudan Traders' Claims
[Monitor] Kampala -A Select Committee of Parliament has recommended that government allocates Shs948.6b towards compensating Ugandan traders, who registered losses as a result of the wa [...]
- Uganda: State Agents Killing Leaders, Says Nantaba
[Monitor] Kampala -The gunmen killing notable Ugandans are not agents of Allied Democratic Front (ADF) rebel group as police previously said, but assassins from state security organs, t [...]
- Congo-Kinshasa: Girls' Lives Shattered By Attacks On Schools
[HRW] Girls suffered sexual violence and other abuses when armed groups attacked hundreds of schools during the 2016-2017 Kasai conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo, said the Gl [...]