- South Africa:Northern Cape SAPS Masters Soccer Team Wallops Tiger Chiefs 5 – 1
[SAPS] The SAPS Masters Soccer Team walloped Tiger Chiefs 5:1 today. The match was played at De Beers ground in Kimberly.
- South Africa:Business Robbery Suspect Arrested in Douglas
[SAPS] On 17 March 2018 at about 09:00 vigilant partnership policing led to the arrest of a 23-year-old business robbery suspect. It is alleged that two male suspects entered the shop a [...]
- South Africa:Drug Raid Yield Success in Batlaros
[SAPS] The JTG Cluster SAPS drug task team obtained a search warrant after following up on information regarding drug sales in Bathlaros. The house was raided at the weekend and police [...]
- South Africa:Police in Mokwakwaila Launched a Search Operation After the Disappearance of an Elderly Man
[SAPS] Mokwakwaila-The police in Mokwakwaila outside Tzaneen have launched a massive search operation after an elderly man, Ngwako Wilson Maake, aged 80 years from Ga-Ntata Village that [...]
- South Africa:Firearms and Drugs Recovered and Five Suspects Arrested
[SAPS] Friday operations by Ulundi Task Team, Ulundi police and Muden police yielded positive results when three firearms and drugs were confiscated. Police conducted an operation at th [...]
- Tanzania:Govt Warns 'Unruly' Tanzanite Miners
[Citizen] Mirerani -The government will take stern measures against Tanzanite miners who have not complied with a recent directive that required them to start paying salaries to their w [...]
- Angola:Historian Calls On Journalists to Focus On Research
[ANGOP] Luanda -Angolan historian Rosa Cruz e Silva last Saturday, in Luanda, called on journalists to focus on training and research in order to produce cultural contents of greater im [...]
- Kenya:Nurses Criticise Report That Exonerates Doctors in Surgery Mix-Up
[Nation] The National Nurses Association of Kenya (NNAK) has criticised a report that absolved doctors from blame in the KNH surgery mix-up.
- Kenya:State to Install CCTVs in Forests – PS Sunkuli
[Nation] The Ministry of Environment plans to install CCTV cameras in all state-owned forests to monitor and prevent deforestation and help in managing resources.
- South Africa:De Lille Eager to Have Allegations Tested At Her Disciplinary Hearing
[News24Wire] The mayor of Cape Town, Patricia de Lille, says her biggest concern ahead of her disciplinary hearing on Tuesday is to ensure that the public understands what the charges a [...]
- East Africa:How an Ethiopia-Backed Port Is Changing Power Dynamics in the Horn of Africa
[The Conversation Africa] When Eritrea gained its independence from Ethiopia in 1993, Ethiopia became landlocked and therefore dependent on its neighbours – especially Djibouti – for ac [...]
- Madagascar:Cyclone Eliakim Kills At Least Seven in Madagascar
[East African] Antananarivo -The tropical cyclone Eliakim which made a landfall in north-eastern Madagascar on Friday morning, has killed at least seven people, officials said.