Immigration in the US: Sources
This timeline was constructed using the following sources:
- David Ettis, ‘The Volume and Structure of the Transatlantic Slave Trade: A reassessment’, The William and Mary Quarterly 58, No. 1 (2001): 17-46.
- Marylin Halter (1993), Between Race and Ethnicity: Cape Verdean African Immigrants, 1860-1965 (University of Illinois Press: Champaign, IL)
- Randy Kapps, Kristen McCabe and Michael Fix (2011) New Streams: Black African Migration to the United States (Migration Policy Institute: Washington, DC / Robert Schuman Centre for Advances Studies at European University Institute: San Domenico di Fiesole, Italy). Article online.
- Rob Paral and Michael Norkewicz (June, 2003), Metro Chicago Immigrant Fact Book (Institute for Metropolitan Affairs, Roosevelt University). Article online.
- Kristen McCabe and Doris Meissner (January, 2010), ‘Immigration and the United States: Recession Affects Flows, Prospects for Reform‘,Country Profiles (Migration Policy Institute: Washington, DC)
- Schomburg Center for Black Culture / New York Public Library, ‘Abolition of the Slave Trade‘ (Online Interactive Timeline)
- Kevin J.A. Thomas (2011), ‘What Explains the Increasing Trend in African Immigration to the US?’, International Migration Review 45 No. 1: 3-28
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services – searched for various immigration laws, using their names