COVID-19 Relief Programs – Chicago Housing Assistance Grants
United African Organization (UAO) is proud to join diverse organizations serving Chicago residents through the City of Chicago’s Rental Assistance Grant! The Chicago Department of Housing’s COVID-19 Housing Assistance Grant will provide housing assistance for renters impacted by COVID-19! Grants may be used for rent payments for your primary residence.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Reside within the City of Chicago
- Must be 18 years of age or over, or be a financially independent minor.
- Have experienced a change in your financial status -after March 1, 2020 – due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Demonstrate your total household income was at 60% or below the Area Median Income (AMI) prior to March 1, 2020 (see table below).
|Area Median Income Limits (AMI) Chart (as of April 1, 2020)|
|The income limits refer to total household income, which includes the income of all adults in the household.|
|Income limits are for the Chicago-Naperville-Joliet, IL HUD Metro FMR Area.|
- Government Issued ID (State ID, Drivers License with current address, or Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad)
- Proof of Pre-COVID-19 Income before March 1, 2020. (2019 Tax Return)
- Proof of Post-COVID-19 Income – after March 1, 2020. (Unemployment claim dated after March 1, Document/statement from former/current employer, Pay stubs, bank statements showing decreased income after March 1, Proof of self employment or reduction of hours)
- Proof of Rental or Lease Amount (Current lease agreement, rent statement, rent receipt, landlord affidavit, late notice)
Got questions? call us at 312-949-9980 or SMS via Whatsapp: 773-420-8976