HOMETo be eligible for Citizenship you need to Be a Legal Permanent Resident (Green card Holder) for at least 5 years, (or) 3 years if you are married to a U.S. Citizen. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CITIZENSHIP? Find out why you should apply for citizenship, and whether you’re eligible. APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP NOW! The Citizenship process can feel overwhelming, but you don’t have to do it alone! Our trained staff and volunteers can assist you navigate this process. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! We need dedicated volunteers to make our events a success. Join our volunteer list to learn about our upcoming workshops and volunteer! Sign up today! OUR THANKS! Our citizenship services work is supported by the generosity of the following:
At this Citizenship workshop, we will assist with the following:
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- I-912, Request for Fee Waiver
- I-942, Request for Reduced Fee
- N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
4910 S. King Drive, 1st Floor
Chicago, IL 60615
A $50 contribution will be asked for administrative expenses
For more information call: (312) 949-9980
Para más información llame al: (312) 949-9980
SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE:
In order to ensure efficiency and timeliness, we ask that you begin submitting your information online through our Citizenshipworks portal. When you come in person for your appointment, our legal team will access your information and make any necessary changes. If you do not have access to a computer or need help, please call us at (312) 949-9980.
- Go to https://www.citizenshipworks.org/portal/UAO
- Click the green button, Start your application now!
- Answer the initial screening questions (age, green card date, etc.)
- Create an account (You can create an account using your cell phone number or email).
- Write down your username (cell phone number or email) and password!
- Sign into your account
- You will receive a pop-up notification asking you to join “United African Organization“
- Click the green option, “Join.”
- Click on “Application”
- Enter your information.
- Complete as much as you can before your appointment date.
- Please make sure that you answer each question truthfully and honestly.
- After you are finished, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our legal team will be able to assist you if you have completed 90% of the application, and referred to our drop-in hours/workshop.
Ensure that you have all necessary documents to bring with you for your appointment.
VOLUNTEERContact us at (312) 949-9980 or email@example.comYou can play an important role by assisting others to become U.S. citizens and participate in our democracy. After an initial interview, our citizenship volunteers are provided with training on how to perform specific roles at the citizenship workshop. These roles include:
• Legal Reviewer (should be an attorney/ BIA Accredited Representative)
• N-400/N600 Preparer
• Fee Waiver Preparer
• Photocopy Assistant
• Exit Interviewer
• Logistics AssistantYou will have an invaluable opportunity to network with many others who give their skills and talent to empower immigrants and refugees. This opportunity requires availability for 3 -5 hours per month. Contact us at (312) 949-9980 or firstname.lastname@example.org and become an invaluable resource in providing access to immigrant integration services!
Our free citizenship workshops are provided with support from the New Americans Initiative, and takes place once a month, on either a Saturday morning or weekday.We encourage law students, immigration attorneys, paralegals, and others with legal experience to participate.United African Organization (UAO) relies on volunteers to support our initiative, programs and events throughout the year. Sign up for our next workshop or join our volunteer list!
1. I need to apply for naturalization to become a US citizen. What documents should I bring?
2. I am a US citizen. I want to apply for my children to become US citizens. What should I bring?
FOR N-600 CONSULTATION, PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING:
• 1 Copy Birth Certificate;
• 1 Copy of Green Card;
• 1 Copy of biographic page of Passport;
• 2 Passport-sized color photos;
• Copy of school transcripts;
• Copy of vaccination records/medical examinations;
• Copy of parents’ Birth Certificate
• Copy of Parents’ Certificate of Naturalization;
• Copy of biographic page of parents’ US Passport;
• Copy of parents’ Marriage Certificate (if applicable);
• Money Order or Check for $1,170 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security;
3. I can’t afford USCIS fees. What should I do?
YOU MAY QUALIFY TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP AT $0 COST OR AT A REDUCED FEE OF $405!
To determine if you are eligible, please bring:
• Most recent federal income tax returns and W2;
• Letter from the Department of Human Services (DHS) stating the date when you started receiving Food Stamps (LINK card), Medical and TANF benefits; (See attached sample letter);
4. How long should I plan to stay at the workshop?.
Expect to stay for at least 2 hours.