If you have been a Legal Permanent Resident (Green card Holder) for at least 5 years, (or) 3 years and you are married to a U.S. Citizen, then you are eligible to apply to become a U.S. Citizen.
In collaboration with the New Americans Initiative, UAO holds a workshop every month to assist eligible applicants with their citizenship applications.
At the workshop applicants will receive:
- Free assistance to complete the application for naturalization
- Free legal consultation with an immigration attorney
- Free information on how to apply for application fee waiver
- Free study materials to prepare for the test and interview
You may qualify to apply for citizenship at no cost if:
- Your family receives public benefits (Link, Medicaid, SSI, TANF)
- Your income is equal to or less than 150% of the FPL.
Making the decision to become a U.S. citizen is one of the most important decisions in an individuals life. Many on the pathway to citizenship are afraid to reach out,do not know who to reach out to, or cannot afford to reach out. In those moments, you can shine a beam of light. You can play an important role by volunteering to assist others to become U.S. citizens and participate in our democracy.
You’ll be working with some of the best volunteers and attorneys, who’ll be assisting with basics like – registering applicants, ushering, assisting with filling forms, getting needed documents together, to legal consultation with an immigration attorney, completing N-400 naturalization application forms, and fee waiver forms.
If you’ve been looking for a way to play a bigger part in the community, the Citizenship Workshop is where you need to be.
For more information, contact us at 312-949-9980 or email@example.com