Schedule your appointment: https://bit.ly/CityKeyApril7
The Chicago CityKey is an optional ID that residents of Chicago can get to access city services. This helps people who are undocumented or experiencing homelessness who might have problems getting or maintaining an ID.
What you can do with your Chicago CityKey
The Chicago CityKey gives you access to:
- Public transit (Ventra),
- Chicago Public Libraries,
- Services from city departments,
- Services from hospitals and clinics,
- Services from community banks and credit unions, and
- Discounts for recreation and entertainment, sports games, cultural institutions, and goods at partnering businesses.
All staff and applicants are required to wear a mask or face coverings and practice social distancing throughout the entire printing process. To adhere to gathering restrictions and social distancing rules, we ask that all applicants arrive at their appointment time ONLY. A minor may be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms or have knowingly been in contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you do not attend.
Documents needed to apply
- Proof that you live in the City of Chicago
- Proof of identity (Foreign Passport, Birth Certificate)
CityKey Application Fees
According to the office of the City Clerk, the CityKey is free for the first 100,000 applicants. After that, there will be a fee.
The fees are different based on age:
- 18 years and under: $5
- 19-64 years old: $10
- 65 years old and over: free
The applications fees are waived for:
- Low-income residents,
- Individuals experiencing homelessness,
- Domestic violence survivors,
- Members of the re-entry community,
- Veterans, and
- One Summer Chicago participants.