CAN TV Shows
Click on the links to watch the Videos.
- UAO on CAN TV – October 2013: Temporary Visitors Drivers License
- Alie. Kabba, UAO executive Director sits with Salma Waheedi, an intern at UAO and student at Northwestern University College of Law to talk about the state of Illinois’ new Temporary Visitors Drivers License for those who are not authorized live and work in the United States.
- UAO on CAN TV – September 2013: Immigration Petition for Spouse of a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Immigration petitions for spouse is one of the topics we get a lot of questions about, here at United African Organization. U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent residents can help certain family members to immigrate into the United States. This video sheds light on petitioning to bring your spouse into the U.S.
- UAO on CAN TV – August 2013: Diversity Visa Teach-IN
- Alie Kabba, UAO Executive Director, sits down with Kim Hunt, Executive Director of Affinity Community Services, to discuss Comprehensive Immigration Reform and the importance of the Diversity Visa program.
- UAO on CAN TV – June 2013: Adjustment of Status
- Sarah Travis joined by UAO’s Citizenship & Immigration Coordinator Sondra Furcajg
- CAN TV – May 2013: Chicago African Cabdriver’s Health Survey
- Sarah Travis is joined by Fasika Alem (UIC Department of Family Medicine/ ECAC) to discuss the key findings in UAO’s African Cabdriver Health Survey (October 2012- January 2013)
- CAN TV – April 2013: Naturalization
UAO Community Resource Specialist Sarah Travis and Civic Engagement Associate Sondra Furcajg discuss the N400/Naturalization process to become a U.S. citizen.
- CAN TV – February 2013: Temporary Protected Status for Mali
UAO Community Resource Specialist Sarah Travis and Research & Policy Association Bukie Adekoje speak on TPS for Mali February 2013
- CAN TV – Political Forum with Senator Patricia Van Pelt
UAO Executive Director speaks with Illinois Senator Patricia Van Pelt on CAN TV in February 2013
- CAN TV – January 2013: Next Steps for Deferred Action
Sarah Travis and guest Lea Munwam speak on what’s next for Deferred Action recipients, and Lea’s experience coming to the U.S. as a youth.
- CAN TV – December 2012: African Hair Braiders
Sarah Travis and guest Mery Mgom, a member of the Illinois Association for Hair Braiders, speak on African Hair Braiding and empowerment through entrepreneurship.
- CAN TV – November 2012: African Cabdriver’s Health Survey
Sarah Travis and guest John Henry Assabill speak on health issues among African Cabdrivers and Driver’s Licenses for all immigrants in Illinois.
- CAN TV – September 2012: Petitioning for Family Members for Green Cards
Sarah Travis and guest Sarah Mendoza discuss Petitioning for Family Members for Green Cards.
- CAN TV – August 2012
- CAN TV – July 2012: Making the most of Obama’s DREAM Relief Memo
UAO Executive Director Alie Kabba and Cindy Augustin of ICIRR talk about the steps immigrant communities can take to make the most of Obama’s DREAM Relief Memo.
- CAN TV – June 2012: President Obama’s Announcement on Undocumented Youth
UAO Executive Director Alie Kabba discusses the meaning of President Obama’s new policy for the protection of DREAM-Act eligible youth with Maria Salazar of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights.
- CAN TV – May 2012: Asylum Issues
UAO Executive Director Linus Chan talks to Linus Chan of De Paul’s Immigration and Asylum Law Clinic.
- CAN TV – April 2012: New Data on Africans in the US
UAO Executive Director, Alie Kabba and UAO Research & Policy Associate, Tara Weinberg discuss the latest data findings on African migration to the U.S., data-released by the Migration Policy Institute. They also discuss the UAO’s upcoming Chicago African Summit on May 12 – the premier forum of its kind in the Midwest.
- CAN TV – March 2012: African Youth Forum
United African Organization interviews Bryan Echols and Chioma Anigbogu about the African Youth Forum.
- CAN TV – January 2012: 100th anniversary of ANC
United African Organization interviews Funeka Sihlali, to mark the 100th birthday of the African National Congress of South Africa.
CAN TV – 2011 Archive →
- CAN TV – December 2011: Tanzanian Independence
United African Organization interviewes Rachel Wassira of the Tanzanian Community Association of the Midwest, to mark Tanzania’s 50th Anniversary of Independence.
- CAN TV – November 2011: African community radio
United African Organization – Tara Weinberg and En’Kay Boateng on radio initatives in the African community in Chicago.
- CAN TV – October 12, 2011: Illinois Association of Hair Braiders
United African Organization – Illinois Association of Hair Braiders.
- CAN TV – September 21, 2011: Umu-Igbo Alliance & Nigerian youth work
United African Organization – Umu-Igbo Alliance.
- CAN TV – September 14, 2011: Somalia
United African Organization – Yussuf Ali, East African Community Association.
- CAN TV – August 2011: Senegal & Community Organizing
United African Organization – Cheikh Diop.
- CAN TV – July 2011: Zambia, Faith in the Diaspora
United African Organization – Namwinga Chibuye, Pastor from Zambia.
- CAN TV – June 2011: Nigerian Community of Chicagoland
United African Organization – Nigerian Community of Chicagoland.
- CAN TV – May 2011: African students in the US
United African Organization – African Students Union at DePaul University.
- CAN TV – April 2011: Pan African Rural Health & Social Services
United African Organization – Pan African Rural Health & Social Services.
- CAN TV – March 302, 2011: Ghana, Immigration Law
United African Organization, Attorney Nancy A. Addae.
- CAN TV – March 2, 2011: Zimbabwe, Workers’ Rights
United African Organization – James Thindwa.
- CAN TV – January 2010: South Sudan, Sudanese in Chicago
United African Organization – Southern Sudan Referendum & the Sudanese community in Chicago.
CAN TV – 2010 Archive →
- CAN TV – December 2011
Organization of Liberians Community in Illinois.
- CAN TV – October 2010
United African Organization – “Africans In Chicago”, An Oral History Project.
- CAN TV – August 2010
United African Organization – Nigerian-American Public Professionals Association (NAPPA).
- CAN TV – July 2010
United African Organization – Continental Africa Chamber of Commerce USA.
- CAN TV – March 31, 2010
- CAN TV – March 2010
- CAN TV – February 2010
- CAN TV – January 2010: United African Organization Interview
The United African Organization is an advocacy coalition of African national associations dedicated to social justice, civic participation and empowerment of African immigrants and refugees in Illinois.