- South Africa: SA Records a 11.5 Percent Increase in Murder Rate
[SAnews.gov.za] Police Minister Bheki Cele has expressed concern at the country's alarmingly high murder rates.
- South Africa: Liqour a Major Crime Contributor, Says Cele
[SAnews.gov.za] Liquor remains one of the biggest contributors of crime, says Police Minister Bheki Cele.
- South Africa: SAPS Records 6.7 Percent Decrease in Sexual Crimes
[SAnews.gov.za] Sexual offences crimes decreased by 6.7% between April and June, the latest crime statistics reveal.
- Uganda: Uganda Airlines CEO Fails to Present Academic Papers
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda — The Committee on Commissions Statutory Authorities and State Enterprise (COSASE) has embarked on a process of evaluating the curriculum vitae [...]
- Uganda: Corruption, Connivance Caused Isimba Plant Shutdown
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda — Lawmakers have said that corruption and connivance are to blame for the shutdown of Isimba hydropower plant.
- Africa: African Women Call For Help to Eliminate Violence Against Women and Girls
[allAfrica] Johannesburg — A few weeks ago South Africans woke up to shocking reports of the men who gang raped 8 young women in West Village, west of Johannesburg, South Africa. They [...]
- Gambia: Nian Sarang Jobe Narrates How Deyda Was Killed
[Foroyaa] Nian Sarang Jobe, the former staff of The Point, has narrated before the Court of Celle, Germany, how Deyda Hydara was killed on 16 December 2004 in a trial involving ex-' [...]
- Gambia: Court Asks Lamin Mboge to Open Defence in His Criminal Trial
[Foroyaa] Chief Magistrate Omar Cham of the Banjul Magistrates' Court recently ordered Lamin Mboge, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Gam Housing to open his defence in hi [...]
- Gambia: Not Easy to Escape the Long Arm of Justice Nowadays
[Foroyaa] It is often said that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. When a person becomes drunk with power he/she sees only his/her might and nothing else. Such a per [...]
- Gambia: KMC Mayor Launches D45 Million Modern Library Project
[Foroyaa] Talib Ahmed Bensouda, the Mayor of Kanifing Municipal Council (KMC), on Thursday, August 18, 2022 laid the foundation stone for construction of a modern library worth D45 mill [...]
- Gambia: Police Get New PRO
[Foroyaa] Superintendent (Spt) Lamin Njie on Thursday 18th August 2022, confirmed to this Medium that one Cadet Assistant Superintendent Binta Njie of the Gambia Police Force, is the ne [...]
- Somalia: FM Discusses With UK Ambassador the Strengthening Ties
[Shabelle] The Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, H.E. Mr. Abshir Omar Jama, received in the capital Mogadishu, the Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the Feder [...]