- Ethiopia: Education Ministry Cancels Mask Orders
[Addis Fortune] The Ministry of Education has cancelled the contract it gave to five plants at industrial parks to supply 50 million face masks to be disbursed to schools after the plan [...]
- Malawi: Cyclone Eloise On the Loose, Malawi to Have Heavy Rains – - MET
[Nyasa Times] Weather experts are warning of heavy rains in the country in what they say will be caused by Cyclone Eloise.
- Ethiopia: Ministry Writes Digital Literacy Plan
[Addis Fortune] The Ministry of Science & Higher Education, with the support of three consulting firms hired by the World Bank, has prepared the Plan, which passed consultative stag [...]
- Southern Africa: Dialogue Could Have Averted Covid-19 Border Chaos
[ISS] The festive season was marked by dramatic scenes of tens of thousands of people amassing at border posts between South Africa and its neighbours where procedures had slowed down d [...]
- Angola: Could Isabel Dos Santos Make a Comeback?
[DW] The billionaire daughter of Angola's ex-president was considered the richest woman in Africa. But the Luanda Leaks scandal brought Isabel dos Santos' house of cards crash [...]
- Nigeria: Nigerian Newest Crude Grade, Anyala, to Arrive Europe
[Premium Times] Anyala is Nigeria's newest oil development since the start-up of the giant Egina field in late 2018.
- South Africa: Telescope Array Finds Radio Galaxies That Dwarf Our Milky Way
[Daily Maverick] In a patch of sky long trawled across by countless telescopes, astronomers have discovered two gigantic radio galaxies – all thanks to MeerKAT, which spotted these dist [...]
- Kenya: Facebook Flags Down Uhuru Kenyatta's Congratulatory Message to Museveni
[Monitor] Nairobi — Facebook on Sunday flagged down a congratulatory message by Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta to his Ugandan counterpart Yoweri Museveni for allegedly containin [...]
- Uganda: Police, Army Cut Off Bobi Offices, Home
[Monitor] The National Unity Platform (NUP) offices were yesterday surrounded by army and police, blocking all party members and leaders from accessing the office.
- South Africa: Higher Education Dept Puts U.S.$4.7 Million Into Covid-19 Research, Vaccine Development
[Daily Maverick] The Department of Higher Education has invested more than R68m into Covid-19 research and vaccine development. A further R25m has been allocated to the KwaZulu-Natal Re [...]
- Tanzania: Two to Three Accidents Occur Daily in Lake Victoria – Officer
[Daily News] AN average of two to three accidents occur daily in Lake Victoria (Tanzania) every day and cost lives, a rescue officer has said.
- Tanzania: Govt Asked to Address Shortages of Nurses, Midwives
[Daily News] THE Tanzania National Nurses Association (Tanna) has appealed to the government to recruit more nurses and midwives to address personnel shortages at public health faciliti [...]