- Nigeria: Civil Society Groups Stage Daily Protests Against Election Outcome
[VOA] Abuja, Nigeria — Nigerian civil society organizations have been holding daily protests to pressure the Independent National Electoral Commission, or INEC, and Nigerian authoritie [...]
- Mozambique: Officials Begin Massive Post-Cyclone Cholera Vaccination Drive
[VOA] Maputo, Mozambique — Health officials in Mozambique are set to hold a massive cholera vaccination campaign in Quelimane, a city hit hard by Cyclone Freddy earlier this month.
- Malawi: Authorities Using Excavators to Unearth Cyclone Freddy Dead Bodies
[VOA] Blantyre, Malawi — Authorities in Malawi have deployed excavators to help locate dead bodies believed to be trapped under the rubble after Cyclone Freddy destroyed houses two wee [...]
- Africa: UN Underlines Support for Africa's Fight Against Terrorism
[UN News] Although no region is immune to terrorism, the situation in Africa is especially concerning, Secretary-General Antnio Guterres told the Security Council on Tuesday, underlinin [...]
- Africa: Unicef Sounds Alarm Over Fast-Spreading Cholera Outbreaks in Africa
[UN News] The UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) is calling for emergency funding to broaden efforts to reach millions living across 11 eastern and southern African countries which have b [...]
- Nigeria: How We Averted Over 4,000 Industrial Disputes in Seven Years – Nigerian Govt
[Premium Times] "We have conciliated about 4, 000 labour disputes, more than that figure I think about 4,300 or so since I came into that ministry and you don't hear about tha [...]
- Nigeria: Lassa Fever – Nigeria Records 784 Confirmed Cases, 142 Deaths in Three Months
[Premium Times] The NCDC said that 71 per cent of all new confirmed Lassa fever cases were reported from Ondo, Edo and Bauchi.
- Kenya: AU Commission Calls for Dialogue Between Govt, Azimio
[Capital FM] Nairobi — African Union Commission head Moussa Faki Mahamat on Tuesday voiced "deep concern" after anti-government protests in Kenya turned violent, and appealed [...]
- Kenya: Odinga Claims President Ruto Sponsored Violence on Kenyatta Land, His Gas Firm
[Capital FM] Nairobi — Opposition Leader Raila Odinga is now blaming President William Ruto who is out of the country for the spate of attacks on private properties that unfolded Monda [...]
- South Africa: Competition Commission Finds Unjustified Increases in Food Prices – South African News Briefs – March 29, 2023
- Kenya: Banisa MP Kullow Hassan Maalim Dies After Boda Boda Accident
[Capital FM] Nairobi — Banisa Member of Parliament has died following an accident in Nairobi.
- South Africa/Liberia: Bafana Bafana Through to Africa Cup of Nations
[Scrolla] Bafana Bafana qualified for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations finals following a Group K 2-1 victory over Liberia at Samuel Kanyon Doe Stadium on Tuesday.