- South Africa: Femicide – Stabbing, Death of Student Sparks Outrage
[allAfrica] Cape Town -Sinethemba Ndlovu, a student at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) has died in hospital after she was stabbed by a man who allegedly "forced himself on h [...]
- Kenya: At Least 7 Pupils Dead in Classroom Collapse Disaster in Nairobi
[Capital FM] Nairobi -At least seven pupils were confirmed dead after a class collapsed at Precious Talent Top school in Kawangware, in Nairobi on Monday morning.
- South Africa: Artificial Intelligence Has a Gender Bias Problem – Just Ask Siri
[The Conversation Africa] Suggest to Samsung's Virtual Personal Assistant Bixby "Let's talk dirty", and the female voice will respond with a honeyed accent: "I [...]
- Southern Africa: Prince Harry, Meghan Begin 10-Day Tour in South Africa
[allAfrica] Cape Town -A British royal tour of southern Africa kicks off in Cape Town on Monday September 23, 2019, the SABC reports.
- Nigeria: Army Plans to Use Identity Checks in Battle Against Militants
[This Day] Abuja -The ongoing anti-insurgency operations in the North-east aimed at routing Boko Haram and other militant groups from the area entered another phase at the weekend with [...]
- Kenya: Army to Receive Six Choppers at U.S.$1,4 Billion
[Nation] The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is set to receive six new choppers at Sh140 billion, which will raise the amount the government has spent on upgrading its air power in the last [...]
- Kenya: Kenya, Uganda U.S.$6.5 Million Pledge to the Global Fund
[East African] Kenya and Uganda are among 11 countries to pledge $32 million to the Global Fund ahead of its annual fundraising scheduled for October in France.
- Congo-Kinshasa: WHO Is Limiting Doses of Ebola Vaccine – Doctors Without Borders
[MSF] Paris/Goma -More than a year into the ongoing Ebola outbreak in northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), the disease has killed over 2,000 people. The mortality rate in th [...]
- Rwanda: Kagame to Address UN General Assembly
[New Times] President Paul Kagame is on Tuesday this week expected to address world leaders at the 74th United Nations General Assembly.
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe Was Not a Womaniser, Says Half-Sister
[New Zimbabwe] Late former President Robert Mugabe grew up as a humble boy who stayed away from women from a young age, a sibling to the one-time State leader has said.
- Kenya: Ruto Warns Opposition Leaders to Stop Rocking Jubilee
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Deputy President William Ruto has asked Opposition leaders to keep off the affairs of the Jubilee Party.
- Nigeria: Dangote Foundation Empowers 106,000 Women With N1.1bn
[Leadership] Lagos -Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF), has again resolved to empower 106,000 women across four states in the Northern region with a total sum of N1.1 billion.