- Zimbabwe: Zimna UK in Tribute to Health Workers Who Died From Covid-19
[New Zimbabwe] The Zimbabwe Midwives and Nurses Association UK (ZIMNA-UK) will on May 28 hold a memorial service for health workers who lost their lives during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Zimbabwe: Primary School Teacher in the Dock for Assaulting Student
[New Zimbabwe] A LOCAL Primary school teacher, Progress Ziweya, Wednesday appeared in court after she allegedly assaulted her nine-year-old student before expelling her from the school.
- Nigeria: Police Arrest Greenfield Students Kidnappers, Others
[Premium Times] Some students of Greenfield University Kaduna were abducted on April 20, 202,1 after bandits invaded their hostels.
- Africa: Are Oral Swabs the Future of TB Testing?
[spotlight] The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that every year 40% of people who fall ill with tuberculosis (TB) globally are not diagnosed. There is thus an urgent need for [...]
- Zimbabwe: Primary School Teacher in the Dock for Assaulting Pupil
[New Zimbabwe] A LOCAL Primary school teacher, Progress Ziweya, Wednesday appeared in court after she allegedly assaulted her nine-year-old pupil before expelling her from the school.
- South Africa: Govt Welcomes Sentencing of Officials Tied to Corrupt IT Tender
[Govt of SA] Government welcomes the Pretoria Commercial Crime Court sentencing of Businessman Veloro Davids and former Ekurhuleni employees Nilesh Singh and Andrew Mphusomadi who were [...]
- Zimbabwe: President Meets Another Dubai Investors Delegation
[The Herald] A three-member delegation from one of the largest marine terminal operators in the world, DP World owned by the government of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), who a [...]
- Uganda: Theft, Domestic Violence Top 2021 Police Annual Crime Report Again
[Nile Post] Thefts, common assaults and domestic violence have once again topped police's annual crime report for the year 2021.
- Sudan: Activists Held in New Detention Campaign
[Dabanga] Khartoum / El Gezira — Sudan's Emergency Lawyers reported that the authorities launched an extensive detention campaign against activists in Khartoum and El Gezira on Th [...]
- Ethiopia: Tigray War Costing 1 Million Children a Third Year of School, UN Says
[VOA] Gashena — A total of 1.39 million children in the Tigray region are currently missing out on education because of Ethiopia's civil war, according to the United Nations.
- South Africa: What's Happening In South African News – May 19, 2022
[allAfrica] Cape Town —
- Africa: U.S. – Africa Needs Tailored Strategies to Fight Militant Groups
[VOA] Nairobi — African countries are being encouraged to use both soft and hard power to counter the growing threat posed by Islamic State on the continent. The U.S. government is giv [...]