- Africa: 'A Love Letter to Africa' – Beyonce Speaks on Her Lion King Album
[allAfrica] Cape Town -"I wanted to make sure we found the best talent from Africa, and not just use some of the sounds, and did my interpretation of it," Beyoncé Knowles-Car [...]
- Congo-Kinshasa: Goma Ebola Patient Dies
[allAfrica] Cape Town -Officials in the DR Congo have confirmed that a pastor diagnosed with Ebola in Goma has died, appealing for calm as the epidemic reaches the city with a populatio [...]
- Malawi: Chakwera Says People Free to Join Demos
[Nyasa Times] Malawi Congress Party (MCP) says it is still urging all well-meaning Malawians to continue protesting, praying, fasting against the May 21 vote as the nation waits for the [...]
- Africa: Why Maxence Melo Mubyazi Won the CPJ International Press Freedom Award
[CPJ] CPJ is honored to present its 2019 International Press Freedom Award to Tanzanian journalist Maxence Melo Mubyazi.
- Africa: Tanzanian Freedom of Expression Champion Wins International Award
[CPJ] New York -The Committee to Protect Journalists will honor journalists from Brazil, India, Nicaragua, and Tanzania with the 2019 International Press Freedom Awards amid the erosion [...]
- Somalia: Somaliland – Making Do With What They Have
[East African] Somaliland has the world's fourth-lowest GDP per capita and a high income gap between rich and poor, according to data from the World Bank.
- Zimbabwe: Reformer Mnangagwa Leaves U.S. Unsure
[New Zimbabwe] President Emmerson Mnangagwa's reforms anchored on his short-term policy, the Transitional Stabilisation Programme (TSP) could resolve most of Zimbabwe's struct [...]
- East Africa: Is Kenya Losing Its Lead in the Region?
[East African] Kenya could slowly be losing its strategic lead in East Africa due to the changing geopolitics and the newfound unity between Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia.
- Zimbabwe: 'Over 30 000 People Face Eviction to Pave Way for Mining Initiatives'
[New Zimbabwe] An estimated 30 000 people in six communities countrywide are set to be displaced to pave way for new mining initiatives without compensation, the Centre for Natural Reso [...]
- Tanzania: Prepare for Elections, Magufuli Tells Police Force
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -President John Magufuli yesterday told the Police Force to begin earnest preparations as Tanzania heads into elections.
- South Africa: Minimal Decline in AIDS-Related Deaths Worries MSF
[MSF] Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is concerned about the minimal decline in mortality due to AIDS-related diseases since 2014 despite welcoming the progress made in the HIV fight espe [...]
- South Africa: Young South Africans Want to Farm. but the System Isn't Ready for Them
[The Conversation Africa] Persistent unemployment has become synonymous with the youth experience across South Africa. Youth unemployment rates are almost four times higher than the reg [...]