- Namibia: 30 Towns, Villages Reject Swapo
[Namibian] SWAPO insists it emerged victorious from last week's elections, despite failing to retain control of over 30 towns and village councils across the country, including eco [...]
- Zimbabwe: VP Chiwenga's Estranged Wife Wheeled to Court
[The Herald] The warrant of arrest for Marry Mubaiwa on attempted murder and money laundering charges has been cancelled with the State indicating that it was ready for trial on assault [...]
- Africa: Countries Rise to Double Challenge of Malaria & COVID-19 – Pandemic Looms Over a Malaria-Free Future
[RBM] Geneva — Africa avoids doubling of malaria deaths in 2020, however progress continues to flatline in high-burden countries South-East Asia makes great strides towards malaria eli [...]
- Senegal/Gambia: World Cup Star Bouba Diop Dies
[Foroyaa] Senegal's legend Papa Bouba Diop has passed on following a brief illness.
- Ethiopia: 'Junta' Plotted to Kill Reformist Leaders, PM Abiy Says
[ENA] Addis Ababa — Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed disclosed the secret mission of the TPLF junta that the group had plotted to assassinate the reformist leaders and abducted including the [...]
- Ethiopia: No Civilians Killed By Ethiopian Forces in Tigray Crackdown – Abiy
[East African] Ethiopian soldiers did not kill any civilians in Tigray, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Monday told the federal parliament in what could be the latest accusation of mass murde [...]
- Ethiopia: MSF Providing Medical Care and Assistance in Sudan to People Fleeing the Violence in Ethiopia
[MSF] On November 4, Ethiopia's prime minister ordered military action against the Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF) in the Tigray region, in northern Ethiopia, followin [...]
- South Africa: Last Day To Have Your Say on the Draft Cannabis Bill!
[allAfrica] Cape Town — The draft Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill for South Africa is flawed, restrictive and discriminatory as it focuses only on criminalisation. As the draft is [...]
- Zimbabwe: Govt's Appetite for Bribes Has Opened Up Country to Lawlessness – Lobby
[New Zimbabwe] Mutasa — Government's appetite for bribes has led to fly-by-night investors to recklessly exploit mineral resources.
- Southern Africa: Strategy to Ensure Namibia Benefits From AfCFTA
[New Era] Namibia is in the process of developing a National Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Implementation Strategy and Action Plan. Once implemented, this strategy is expe [...]
- Malawi: Journalists Mourn Veteran Photojournalist Chimpweya
[Nyasa Times] Tributes are pouring in for the late James Chimpweya, a photojournalist who until his death this morning, worked for the Nation Publications Limited.
- Ethiopia: MPs Call For Tigray 'Junta' to Be Classified as Terrorists
[ENA] Addis Ababa — Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed is responding to members of the House of Peoples' Representatives (HPR) queries on current national issues.