- Kenya: Gachagua Freed On a Sh12 Million Bail
[Nairobi News] Mathira lawmaker Rigathi Gachagua has been granted temporary freedom by the courts but will have to deposit either a Sh 12 million bail or a bond of Sh 25 million.
- Liberia: If You Haven't Seen Liberia's Olympics Uniform, You're Missing Out Big Time
[allAfrica] Cape Town — The 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo is finally here – a year after the Covid-19 pandemic delayed the games.
- Namibia: Cathy the Coffin Maker Pushes Against the Grain
[Namibian] CATHERINE 'Cathy' Namundjebo says she tries to suppress her emotions when making coffins.
- Tunisia: President Insists There Is No Threat to Constitution
[RFI] After a series of demonstrations across the country, Tunisian President Kais Saied announced on Sunday evening that he was suspending the work of Parliament and dismissing the hea [...]
- Sierra Leone: Sceptics Fear Crime Wave After Death Penalty
[RFI] In a historic vote by the parliament in Sierra Leone Friday, lawmakers abolished the death penalty, following in the footsteps of more than 20 countries on the African continent w [...]
- Nigeria: Police Have Released Me – Sowore
[Premium Times] Mr Sowore shared the news of his release via a Whatsapp message on Monday.
- South Africa: Important TB Drug As Effective at Lower Dose, Study Finds
[spotlight] The treatment of drug-resistant forms of tuberculosis (DR-TB) has been transformed over the last decade with treatment becoming more effective, safer, and treatment duration [...]
- Nigeria: Nnamdi Kanu Absent As Court Adjourns Trial Till October
[Premium Times] The scheduled trial suffered a setback, with the judge adjourning till October 21, citing Mr Kanu's absence and the commencement of the court's vacation.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Policeman Shoots Student for Not Wearing Mask in DR Congo
[RFI] A Democratic Republic of Congo policeman has shot a student who was not wearing a mask while filming on the streets of the capital, witnesses said on Sunday.
- South Africa: Tiger Brands Recalls Millions of Canned Products
[allAfrica] Over 20 million canned products including beans, sweetcorn, peas and spaghetti produced by Tiger Brands' Koo and Hugo have been recalled following the detection of defe [...]
- Tanzania: Govt Acts Against Maize Price Drop
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam — The government, through the ministry of Agriculture, is taking several measures in an effort to stabilise maize prices which have fallen significantly in the [...]
- Tanzania: Drowning Causes 3,000 Deaths Annually – Report
[Daily News] Every year some 3,000 people die in various water bodies in the country-a figure that must be addressed to prevent the avoidable deaths.