- Nigeria: Crisis Deepens in Nigerian Athletics As Two Factional Leaders Emerge
[Premium Times] The rival factions are laying claim to the leadership of the AFN
- Nigeria: Nigerian Investigative Journalist Tobore Ovuorie – 'I Don't Take No for an Answer'
[DW] DW Freedom of Speech Award winner Tobore Ovuorie has risked her life as an investigative journalist. She talks about the long-term consequences of her exposing human trafficking, f [...]
- Sudan: S. Sudan Receives $116m From World Bank for Food Projects
[East African] Juba,
- Congo-Kinshasa: Tshisekedi Says Situation 'Very Serious' As Covid Deaths Rise in DRC
[East African] As President Félix Tshisekedi of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) went to comfort residents of Goma, who are recovering from the effects a volcanic eruption, he sp [...]
- Kenya: Hitmen Exploiting Loopholes in Mortuary Law to Enforce Disappearances
[Nation] On April 20, the body of Elijah Obuong was fished out of River Mukangai in Murang'a County by sand harvesters.
- Liberia: Traditional Practitioners Leave FGM for Farming in Liberia
[Spotlight Initiative] One in two girls and women in Liberia has undergone female genital mutilation (FGM), a harmful practice that involves the removal or injury of external female gen [...]
- Africa: Hajj Pilgrimage Postponed to 2022 (Ministry)
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia — The Hajj pilgrimage will be postponed to next year, the Religious Affairs Ministry announced Monday.
- Kenya: Inside New Plans to Rescue Coffee Sector, Make Growing It Profitable
[Nation] For decades, coffee farmers have been at the centre of feuds involving the management of cooperative societies and millers, affecting production and leading to massive financia [...]
- Somalia: Somalia's Puntland to Criminalise FGM
[Nation] Female genital mutilation (FGM) will soon be criminalised in semi-autonomous north-eastern region of Somalia, Puntland.
- Kenya: President Kenyatta Mourns Businessman Chris Kirubi
[Nation] President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday eulogised Chris Kirubi as a seasoned businessman, entrepreneur and industrialist who founded and successfully ran some of Kenya's larges [...]
- Kenya: Help! Cries Widow Kicked Out By in-Law in Land Tussle
[Nation] A 47-year-old widow has been rendered homeless after goons invaded and demolished her home following a land tussle with her husband's brother-in-law.
- Zimbabwe: High Court Orders Police Shooting Victim's Compensation
[263Chat] High Court Judge Justice Webster Chinamhora has ordered the Zimbabwe Republic Police to compensate a taxi driver who was shot by cops in Harare in 2018.