- Uganda: 800 Sign Petition to Drag President Museveni to Hague Court
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala -Over 800 people have so far signed a petition to drag President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni to the International Criminal Court- ICC.
- South Africa: Miss South Africa Asks Men to Write Love Letters Against Violence
[allAfrica] Cape Town -It's not a secret that South Africa has seen high levels of violence against women across the country.
- Namibia: Political Parties Gobble Up Over U.S.$26,9 Million Since 2000
[Namibian] The government forked out close to N$400 million from 2000 to 2016 to fund the operations of registered political parties represented in parliament.
- Zimbabwe: Country Risks Losing More Than 300 Doctors to the UK – Biti
[New Zimbabwe] Top MDC politician and MP, Tendai Biti has warned Finance Minister Mthuli Ncube the country risked losing more than 300 doctors to the United Kingdom if he failed to addr [...]
- Kenya: Man Who Fell From Kenya Airways Plane Into a London Garden Identified
[Nation] The stowaway, who fell off a Kenya Airways plane moments before it landed at London's Heathrow Airport in June has been identified.
- Zimbabwe: Drought Threatens Livestock in Western Zimbabwe
[VOA] Drought is taking a toll on Zimbabwe's agricultural sector, with farmers in the western region losing their livestock at an alarming rate.
- Congo-Kinshasa: EU Approval of First Ebola Vaccine is Game Changer
[VOA] This week the European Commission gave approval to a Ebola vaccine — an act that the World Health Organization calls landmark moment for global health and a likely game-changer i [...]
- Southern Africa: SADC Launches Agriculture Project in Botswana
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -The aim of the Southern African Development Cooperation (SADC) Regional Agricultural Policy Investment Plan (2017-2022) project launched in Gaborone Nove [...]
- Africa: 'Sexual and Reproductive Rights Are Not Up for Negotiation'
[allAfrica] Nairobi, Kenya -Natalia Kanem, executive director of UNFPA, had a strong statement at the opening of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD25) in N [...]
- Tanzania: Girls Need Support, Not Threats, to Avoid Pregnancy
[The Conversation Africa] Teenage girls in Tanzania are routinely excluded from school if they become pregnant and are prevented from returning to complete their education. Yet a recent [...]
- Kenya: Treasury Seeks House Nod to Increase Budget
[Nation] Unpaid standard gauge railway (SGR) bills, universal healthcare plans and construction of Kenya's first double-decker road have forced the Treasury to review and increase [...]
- Kenya: Independent Police Probe Juja Rogue Police, Identities Known
[Nation] The identities of all the 50 police officers deployed to quell a protest at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (Jkuat) that ended up with students bruta [...]