- Ethiopia: Dispute Over Nile Project Moves to African Union
[East African] The dispute between Ethiopia and Egypt over the commencement of the filling of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) has now moved to the African Union for resolutio [...]
- Uganda: Uganda Remains Steadfast On Refugees Despite COVID-19
[DW] Uganda has lived up to its reputation as Africa's most hospitable nation by opening its border to 1,500 people fleeing militias. But the coronavirus lockdown means many more f [...]
- Kenya: 2.7 Million Kenyans May Be Exposed to COVID-19, Study Shows
[Citizen] Scientists estimate that 2.7 million Kenyans could have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, many of them much earlier than when the first positive case was reported in the [...]
- Seychelles: Environment Ministry Concerned About Feral Pigeons, Invasive Crows
[Seychelles News Agency] The Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change in Seychelles has expressed concerns over the rising population of feral pigeons and recent sightings of [...]
- Nigeria: COVID-19 – Ogun Extends Lockdown, As Schools, Religious Centres Remain Closed
[Vanguard] As Nigeria continues to record a high number of cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on daily basis, the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun on Friday night extended week [...]
- Zimbabwe: Local Entrepreneur to Create Global Market for Baobab Products
[New Zimbabwe] BAOBAB powder is just one of the products processed from the fruit of the iconic baobab tree, abundantly found in approximately 30 countries in Africa. Before 2008, it wa [...]
- Africa: It Might Be Early Days, but Don't Hedge Your Bets On Africa in 2022
[Monitor] The effects of the coronavirus pandemic have been especially punishing for African sport. Bleak is an adjective that has been invariably used, with key actors having little co [...]
- Africa: Libya is Staging Ground in Renewed Big Power Swoop On Africa – Analysis
[Premium Times] The first major war of the new scramble for Africa is being fought in Libya as the country appears headed towards some form of partition with Vladimir Putin and Recep Er [...]
- Somalia: Explosion Rocks Mogadishu
[East African] A huge blast rocked Somalia's capital Mogadishu early Saturday.
- Africa: Number of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Across Continent Nears 450,000
[allAfrica] As of July 4, confirmed the COVID-19 case total from 55 African countries has reached 447,479.
- Ethiopia: New Unrest Plagues Nation's Rocky Transition
[ICG] The killing of a prominent Oromo musician has unleashed a wave of protests that have left dozens dead, highlighting anew the fragility of the country's transition. Authoritie [...]
- Kenya: COVID-19 – Aga Khan University Gives Pumwani Maternity Hospital Sh10m
[Nation] Patients at Pumwani Maternity Hospital in Nairobi are set for better care as the Aga Khan University has given it Sh10 million for the fight against Covid-19.