- Mozambique: Parliament Blocks Most Sensible Action as Confused Emergency Starts
[Mozambique News Reports And Clippings] The state of emergency opened Wednesday in total confusion after parliament (Assembleia da Republica, AR) unexpectedly and very late Tuesday nigh [...]
- South Africa: 81-Year-Old Bo-Kaap Woman Dies From COVID-19
[News24Wire] An 81-year-old Bo-Kaap woman, who was being treated for pneumonia and then tested positive for COVID-19, has died.
- Kenya: COVID-19 Cases Rise to 142
[Capital FM] Nairobi -COVID-19 cases in Kenya rose to 142 Sunday after the government announced 16 new cases.
- Kenya: COVID-19 Victims Must Be Buried Within 24 Hours – Govt
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The government has now issued a directive on burials of victims of coronavirus who must be buried within 24 hours.
- Kenya: Suspension of International Flights Extended By 30 Days
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The government has suspended international flights by another 30 days, following the expiry of the two weeks suspension that ends today.
- Kenya: Govt to Send Plane to China to Collect Medical Equipment for Fighting COVID-19
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The government says it will send a Kenya Airways plane to China on Wednesday to collect medical equipment to fight the coronavirus that has infected 142 people inc [...]
- Nigeria: Lagos Govt Confirms Death of Second COVID-19 Patient
[Vanguard] The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, said on Sunday a 36-year-old man has died of COVID-19 in the state.
- Kenya: Govt Extends Ban On International Flights
[Nation] The government has extended the ban on international flights by 30 days as it intensifies the fight against spread of coronavirus.
- Zimbabwe: Govt Decentralises Operations in Anticipation of More Cases of COVID-19
[New Zimbabwe] GOVERNMENT has begun decentralising health care operations in anticipation of more cases of COVID-19 in the upcoming winter season, President Emmerson Mnangagwa said on F [...]
- Zimbabwe: Masiyiwa Donates 45 Ventilator ICU Sets, Urges Big Businesses to Help
[263Chat] Businessman Strive Masiyiwa has donated 45 Ventilator Intensive Care Unit (ICU) suites to Zimbabwe in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Lesotho: Finance Minister Majoro Says He is Ready to Take Over
[Lesotho Times] Finance minister Moeketsi Majoro, who was recently unanimously chosen by All Basotho Convention (ABC) legislators to succeed Prime Minister Thomas Thabane, says he is re [...]
- Tanzania: Govt Slams UN Rights Abuses Claims
[East African] Tanzania's Foreign Affairs ministry has hit out at the United Nations Human Rights Office for criticising the country's human rights record as it heads to the O [...]