- Namibia: Exam Leaks – 'Pupils Are Paying for Ministry's Mistakes'
[Namibian] A students' association says the resetting of examination dates to early next year is an unrealistic and premature decision made by the education ministry.
- Botswana: Families of Those Killed By Botswana Army Left Without Support
[Namibian] The standing committee on home affairs, security, constitutional and legal affairs of the National Council has found that some families who have been traumatised by the Botsw [...]
- Malawi: Police Arrest Mwanamvekha, Ben Phiri and Dalitso Kabambe
[Nyasa Times] Erstwhile governing Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) has expressed shock over the arrest of its senior members, who include Joseph Mwanamvekha, Ben Phiri and Dalitso Kab [...]
- Malawi: High Cost of Living – Catholic Commission Speaks On Citizens' Desperation
[Nyasa Times] The Catholic Commission for Justice and Peace (CCJP) has added its voice to the growing calls for the Tonse Alliance government to listen to the cries of Malawians over th [...]
- Namibia: 'Youth With Political Connections Thrive in Namibia'
[Namibian] The Student Union of Namibia (SUN) says ordinary Namibians without any connections or relationships to ministers are unable to access tenders or government projects.
- Zambia: IMF Deal Eluded Ruling Party Administration
[Times of Zambia] The question of whether to engage International Monetary Fund (IMF) for funded programme or not has been outstanding for some time now.
- Namibia: Ruling Party Coordinator Says Suspension Illegal
[Namibian] Swapo regional coordinator for the Otjozondjupa region, Suzan Hikopua, says her suspension on Monday was illegal and unconstitutional.
- South Africa: Researchers to Regain Access to Vital Vaccine Data
[GroundUp] Medical Research Council issues upbeat statement after meeting with health department
- Africa: Omicron-Induced Travel Ban Unscientific, Fuels Poverty
[SciDev.Net] Dar es Salaam — The COVID-19-induced travel ban aimed at limiting the spread of the Omicron variant is unscientific and could worsen socioeconomic conditions in targeted A [...]
- Zimbabwe: 4,000 New Covid-19 Infections in 24 Hours
[263Chat] Zimbabwe has recorded 4 031 new Covid-19 cases which is the highest daily total recorded in the country since the first case was reported early last year.
- Nigeria: About 1 Million Covid Vaccines Expired in Nigeria Last Month – Report
[Daily Trust] Up to one million COVID-19 vaccines expired in Nigeria in November, according to Reuters.
- Africa: The Best African Books of 2021
[African Arguments] African writers have outdone themselves again, bringing us literary gems across genres. Here are our 20 top books of the year, in no particular order.