- Nigeria: Analysts Review Equity Market Outlook for 2020
[Daily Trust] Lagos -Analysts and traders in the Nigerian capital market, at the weekend, undertook a review of activities in the nation's economy, especially as they affected the [...]
- Nigeria: Govt Completes 4 Dams, 21 Water Projects
[Daily Trust] The Federal Government has completed four dams and 21 water projects across the country, the Minister of Water Resources, Suleiman Adamu, has said.
- Nigeria: Mixed Reactions As El-Rufai Begins Urban Renewal Project
[Daily Trust] Kaduna -Mixed reactions have greeted a massive infrastructure development project in Kaduna State launched by the Governor Nasir el-Rufai administration.
- Nigeria: Abuja-Kano Road Collapses Amid Project Delay
[Daily Trust] The condition of the 375km Abuja-Kano, road which passes through Kaduna and Zaria towns, has continued to deteriorate even as reconstruction of the dual carriage highway i [...]
- Nigeria: Lagos-Kano Express Train Service May Resume Before Xmas
[Daily Trust] Lagos -The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) plans to resume the Lagos-Kano express train service on the old narrow gauge before the end of the year, Daily Trust can repo [...]
- Nigeria: Constituency Projects – How Senators, Reps Steal Billions – ICPC
[Daily Trust] The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has accused National Assembly members of stealing billions of naira in the name of constituency pro [...]
- Nigeria: I'm Alive, Bubbling – IBB
[Daily Trust] Former Military President Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida says he is alive and bubbling, his spokesman, Prince Kassim Afegbua, has said.
- Nigeria: New Visa Policy May Contradict Roadmap On Border Security – Report
[This Day] Abuja -There are indications that the federal government's new visa on arrival policy for Africa passport holders may significantly contradict the recommendations of the [...]
- Djibouti: Lift for Maritime Sector in Kenya and Djibouti After Fall in Piracy
[The Conversation Africa] The upsurge of Somali piracy after 2005 led to significant international activity in the Horn of Africa. Naval missions, training programmes, capital investmen [...]
- Kenya: Kenyan Scientist Builds With Bottles to Beat Plastic Pollution
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Gilgil, Kenya -'Eco Blocks and Tiles' is the first company in Kenya to manufacture roof tiles and other construction materials from plastic and gl [...]
- Nigeria: Terror Group Kills 4 Hostages in Nigeria – French NGO
[Deutsche Welle] A French aid group said four hostages were killed by an armed group in northeast Nigeria, while one aid worker remains in captivity. Jihadist militant groups have domin [...]
- South Africa: Making Sense of South Africa's New Copyright Bill and U.S. Trade Threats
[The Conversation Africa] The Office of the US Trade Representative has announced a review of South Africa's eligibility for Generalised System of Preferences benefits. The office [...]