Umu Igbo Alliance presents: Chat, Choose, Date.
C.C.D offers a unique approach to the usual “Meet and Greet” with the purpose of encouraging people to meet, mingle, and share while forming new connections . Think of this as an amped up version of your typical happy hour or get together. C.C.D offers an interactive, safe, no pressure way to network, make new friends, meet your match… or just have a great time. The format offers ice breakers/speed mingling/ date auction/bowling and many more. Come for the fun; stay for the laughter, great conversation, new faces and intriguing discussions!
Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013
Location: IIT, 10 West 35th Street, Chicago, Il 60616
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6:30p – 6:45p- arrival/cocktail/Silent date auction previews
7:00p – Silent date auction bidding opens (bidding continuous till 9pm)
7:00p – 7:45p Speed mingling/Making your Acquaintance commences
7:45p – 10:00p Dialogue Begins/Dating auction closes
10:00p -Silent Date Auction results discreetly announced and closing remarks
SAMPLE DIALOGUE TOPICS
- Top 5 Dating/Relationship Red Flags For Men and Women, how does one address and understand them
- Top 5 Dating/Relationship Green Lights for men and women
- Virgin vs Experienced (Does it matter?)
- Dating vs FWB (Friends with benefits)…Is there really a difference?
- Secrets vs Tell all (Do you want to know everything about his/her past, including with who/where/when…if so Why?
- How best should one define “submission” keeping in mind of one’s African upbringing intersected with one’s American assimilation?
- What differentiates a girl as wifey material vs friends with benefits (What qualities are in one vs the other…can a friends with benefit become wifey?)
- What’s the most likely reason a man would commit (Age, Status or the Right woman)
- Social Media dating etiquette…is there such a thing? How does that translate culturally with an African background/tradtition?
This event is FREE and OPEN to All
The SILENT dating Auction is a 21+ EVENT
Are you interested in being a bachelor or bachelorette in our charity SILENT Dating Auction (a fresh twist on the usual dating auction). Here is your chance to win a free bowling date, meet new people all while giving back to the community and helping out a good cause.
• Send an email with the subject, “I’m Interested” to email@example.com
•All submissions must be received by February 15th 11:59pm
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE CONFIDENTIAL